Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Santa's little Devil

More running up and down the road today. The pictures got dropped at the fair. Janet took a half day off work to set up the Cattlewoman's Building. I saw the pictures for the sheep contest and was glad I didn't enter that one. There was a sheep's head that was terrific. I saw Polly from Sweetwater Station Bookstore. She was ramrodding the Fiber Arts show. I also saw Bonnie who was a basket case when I first met her. Polly and Lynda took her in an adult foster placement. She was agoraphobic among other things. (In Wyoming!) I think she is on her own now but she looked great and was on top of things. I was impressed.

I went to the Wherehouse which is kind of a headshop/variety/sex shop place. I hadn't been in it for a long time-it has become more "fringe," I guess, is the best non-judgmental word I can find. I was looking for gag gifts for the Christmas party. Saw some possibilities and some impossibilities. There were a lot of shoppers but not too many cars in front. Perhaps they parked at Safeway and nipped on over. I also scouted the Dollar Store. Saw some more possibilities.

Amazon, which had backordered on me came through with the main things I wanted. Bill the UPS guy brought those. I called Wyoming Waste and asked where my dumpster was. I think I will get it tomorrow. I'm not so impatient for it as just wanting to know when to meet them so we can site the darn thing. I talked placement with Harlan and it is important to get it right.

It was a right toasty day-started very early with the usual coffee on the deck. Fasting glucose was 111 which is very good for me. An eagle soared, the cows were all bedded down. The Sandhill Cranes I think were talking dirty. Three raspy calls and three clucking noises were repeated often. The clucking is new to my ears. Maybe they are just clucking around. The doggies were full of it and played hard. Buster wore himself out. Honey is perpetual motion but when she conks, she is o-u-t. I took the collar off her to charge it last night and she didn't even wake up.