Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, July 31, 2009

It is the Holiday, not the Season

I relish the escape from Christmas in December when I go to Florida. It is easy to just kind of slide by the hoopla under the palm trees. Now it is evident that the stress is self induced. Janet is mistress of the vittles and I am master of the revels. The Christmas in July event has grown to 20 guests and tomorrow is the day. The main fly in the ointment has been a photo project for Guy and Janet. Her mom is also a recipient. Kodak "easy share" (har-de-har-har) digital frames are not the cinch the the name implies. I have lots of photos taken over the last 10 years ( lots of his recently departed dad) and I sneakily copied Guy's recently because Guy has trouble erasing his camera cards. I emailed Janet's brother and he emailed quite a few. Of 2700 pictures, I winnowed them down to 547 and had to load a thumb drive one picture at a time with the proprietary "easy share" software. It seems they don't duplicate. I have product but it is not the product I wanted. I started early and am running out of time.

I will assemble 20 packages tomorrow for a random drawing. Inside each is some cool stuff and a gag or two. Should be fun. It will be good to have it over-lots of fun and glad to have it over-sounds a lot like traditional Christmas.

Nasty winds today. The Lindy was rocking and it is well protected. I have pretty much lived out there the last few days working on pictures. FortunatelyI have been feeling well.

One nice thing was a technology success story. The 3G store has USB gadgets for about $40 which turns the old computers into WiFi enabled computers. So my aircard now extends to the Lindy, the deck, the old tower computer and the laptops. The oasis is wired.