Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cold and Rain

After three blustery and dark days it finally rained and it was a good soak Saturday. Forecasted high for today is 62 but I think that is optimistic. Meanwhile, my hands are cold which means painful. Buster crept into my belly/chest area in the night to exchange warmth. Honey stretched out along my legs. The heater is on. One de Longhi oil filled heater in the bathroom will heat the place when it is not too cold. The rain was salutary- green has crept back into the pasture and prairie. The Wind Rivers have fresh snow on them. Some snow has been visible all year long this year.

Buster is showing the benefits of his new meds. He went wandering with Honey this morning-not too far. The Iverhart strategy failed. Twenty bucks down the drain. I got one down them about 30 days ago so I am going to call it good. I did not request them this time. My vets had a bad experience with a dog in failing health from Lander last year. When surgically opened it was creepily wormy and they have mounted a campaign. Twice a year is usually enough and since mine get the Iverhart every month in Florida, I think we are good. The meds and feeding really are pretty major around here. The dogs tend to poach each other's food. Honey does not need Buster's meds and he does need them-twice a day. Fortunately Buster is always eager for his meals so I supervise until I am sure the meat/med parts are gone. Honey is a day grazer and midnight muncher. She doesn't eat much during the day so her dish has to be put up so Buster doesn't gorge and skip a meal. After we are all in bed Honey goes and cleans everything up-shiny bowls in the morning.

I watched the Tiger Woods show on TV yesterday-a great rainy day activity. It makes me feel close to my dad-golf on the TV and several little catnaps on a Saturday afternoon was a favorite pastime of his.

Adobe Photosh0p Elements and Roxio's Creator 2009 came by mail from Amazon yesterday. Windows Vista has rendered many of my favorite photo editors obsolete. My replacement computer has resided mostly in its box but that has to change and readiness for Florida borne in mind.