Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

How did it get to be Wednesday already?

After a day and a half of semi-vegetative but enjoyable life, I got cracking today. Several loads of laundry, filling the dumpster (working on it), watering trees that are not benefiting from the irrigation ditch. Thayne is doing another round on the pasture irrigation and it is easy to stand over the fence and visit. I learn more stuff that way. The areas that do benefit from the ditch are looking good. The water subs under my hill and most of the trees are getting good water. The skeeters are also enjoying it. I am going to Fog Them Up tomorrow if it is calm. The bugs are really annoying right now. Flies are sticky, mosquitoes voracious, Gnats multitudinous. Honey had a huge bump on her nose for awhile today-I am sure it was a bite. I am going to watch her carefully. She killed a vole today. Buster seems to be gaining. He has gone trekking with Honey a few times-not too far but it would seem his meds are doing their job.

I got a Swanson's Vitamin catalog today which reminded me I had ordered some supplements for him and me. I took some. My feet warmed up gradually. Shoes seem looser. Hopeful signs.

A drunk Indian lady got into my house this afternoon. I don't know where Honey was. She was all fierceness after I showed up. I was ticked. The lady said she needed a jack. I told her I didn't have one. She looked at the fleet and seemed incredulous. Hey, I have insurance-I have changed my last tire-I am old...let my fingers do the walking. Good Sam Emergency Service is on my speed dial. In fact, I think I do have a jack or two around here but whether they would fit her car...I was not going to be bothered after having been intruded upon.