Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home Improvement

The seasons are changing. I have curtains on both back doors to keep the bugs and wrong temperature air down but mostly to allow the dogs free roaming. Closing the door on them results in whining, barking, scratching and general misery no matter which side they are on. I bought shower curtain liners and very cheap blankets last year. The shower curtain liners work fine, the blankets are made from dryer lint I think and remain stiff as a board and will not "hang." I went scouting at the Neat Repeat. What a mess that is-you would think it is run by retarded people...oops it is. So it was off to WalMart where I was pleased to find cotton blankets for under $10 and a lined curtain panel for not much more. It is great but I had to employ my tailoring skills to the length: staple, staple, staple, staple, staple. I may get some of that iron on tape if I can remember where I put the effing iron. THERE is a low mileage appliance.

I also got some tarps to try to enclose the summer house this winter. The lawn furniture out there is taking a beating from the elements.

More toys: My Amazon order arrived. Part is going to Florida unopened. Sony bluetooth stereo headphones for the iPod Touch are great! I am not sure I ever did hear the lyrics to a lot of songs. I spent Tuesday in the "studio" and nearly filled the iPod. The old iPod photo has a huge hard drive and far exceeds the 8 gig memory for the touch. (I'm convincing myself to get a bigger memory iPod touch. ) I also took another run at filling cards with photos for yet another pair of Photoframes. Something is amiss. These cards won't accept the pictures either. I am frustrated to the max on this project.

Beautiful days these are. A friend sent the following link of the uplifting sort. I love the pictures. It has music and is a little treacly but nice nonetheless. A little treacle doesn't hurt us.

http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html