Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, September 14, 2009

"Let's Talk Gum Control"

That was on the reader board at the Methodist Church. Clever and timely what with Serena, Kanye, Assemblyman Duvall, and U.S. Congressman Dipstick. Those flapping gums do cause us problems.

I am just in from stargazing. This after sunrise gazing, cloud gazing, pasture gazing, goose gazing, sunset gazing. Not a whole lot of successful activity. I have tried a few things but gravity was my enemy the past couple of days.

Honey has rendered her pasture watching kind of boring-the coyotes are laying low or gone. I heard her growling after supper and went outside. She was removing a big branch from the irrigation canal. She was really working at it. She was successful. She makes me laugh.

Patrick Swayze died today. Too young to go but under the circumstances, it is good it is over. I saw most of his movies. I think I taped Roadhouse. To my knowledge that was the first major movie to depict "doing it" standing up. Hot, Hot, Hot.

A beautiful warm day-it started warming up last night. It was warmer at 10:00 p.m. that it was at 10:00 a.m.