Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Interesting Day

I missed a call from Janet yesterday so I tried to return that this morning because when I discovered it, it was too late to call country folk. Rich and Val called from near the Budweiser plant in Colorado this morning - they were on the way to meet daughter Alicia and Sean who had obtained tickets to the Wyoming/CU game (a 27-0 rout by CU). One of my longtime friends, Dave, made his annual Christmas call. It felt like telepathy because I had the road atlas out yesterday trying to see how Valerie was going to Santa Cruz to take some furniture to her daughter and I spied David's town and thought of him. He and Don have been together for 32 years. They are going to dispose of their stock and close up the antique store by June of next year. He had news of different folks than I regularly keep track of so we had plenty to talk about. But we were interrupted by my Jehovah's. They wanted to draw my attention to an article that said if you reject Adam and Eve, the whole Christian thing falls apart. I wanted to say, "Exactly," but they are sweet and kind so I kept my mouth shut and we visited. Mrs. Jehovah was along this time and she seemed very nice.

Honey has changed the mail lady's behavior-she crammed packages in the mailbox (as well as the tax notices -yippee skippee). One of the packages was a book from Alibris-a Jonathan Kellerman mystery- postage cost more than the book. That shot the rest of the day. It was a 465 page gripper. I had made a pot of Serbian Wedding Soup with dumplings yesterday so food was healthy and taken care of- lots of lentils, barley, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn off the cob, and a can of chicken with my secret sauce. Not my best effort but tasty enough.