Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blustery Day

Overcast this morning but it straightened up for awhile, tried to storm and now we are having real Wyoming winds. They are testing my morning handiwork of hanging my tarps to enclose the the summer house. That project went pretty well but we will see what we see in the morning. The summer house might end up in Lander with sails on it.

I checked out the football on the tube saw the Broncos were up soon and scuttled off to Dominos for a pizza. Took a detour to Arby's for their 5 for $5.95 special-a favorite of the hounds and I needed to get a milkshake to get some Iverheart down their little gullets. We made it back in the first quarter of the ball game, I dozed through the second quarter and enjoyed the victory. The Cleveland quarterback got sacked about four times by the same Bronco-it was pretty funny. I did some channel flipping because PBS was having a special fund drive for local original programming. I like to support it but I also like the premiums - "thank you gifts"- having built a good portion of my iPod library with music from those programs. I watched one of those very programs about the Tie Hacks in Fremont County "Brothers of the Broadax." Dubois in particular drew lots of Scandinavians who cut millions of railroad ties between 1917 and 1942. They floated them down the Big Wind. It was pretty fascinating. Damn, those people were tough.