Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Always a Mad Rush

No matter how prepared you think you are there is always a last minute mad rush before the rubber hits the road. But I think it is manageable and I will have to plan carefully not to tip my hand to Buster so I can get him to eat and get his meds down him. Bought $130.00 of those today. My vet is making me feel bad. Buster is usually quick to complain if he is in pain and even squeaks if he thinks he is going to be hurt. She insists that he is in pain from his leg. I am sure it pains him sometimes-I can see when it does, but I tend to see it like me- some days I hurt, somedays I don't-and we carry on. If I thought for a minute he was in constant pain he would be on something. I will admit that I feel with 8 pills a.m. and 8 pills p.m. that he is managing about what he can tolerate.

I am hoping for an early start and smooth sailing tomorrow. We had a hard freeze last night and a dusting of snow. I am glad for the freeze because the leaves need to come off the trees before a heavy snowfall comes. And I can quit worrying about the neighbor's beans. If your beans haven't made by October 1, they probably aren't going to make at all. I hope they are harvested. We had serious winds today and but theyhave diminished and it is 40 degrees at 9:30 p.m. The seasons are longer in Oregon. I am looking forward to putting a little stretch on Fall.