Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Starting to Get Some Fall Color

The Virginia Creeper on the yard gate turned red. There is gold creeping into the Cottonwoods and the Willows are turning too. I am looking forward to the trip over South Pass on Thursday as I wend my way toward Oregon. My days are shortened because the cold mornings are too cold. But I have been busy. The Ford Van is finally getting whipped into shape. Due to weather it has been emptied and hurriedly repacked several times so no real progress until now. I've had to work around Buster because the little sneak takes up residence when I am not looking. The battery backups/power supplies are charging overnight. I'll get some service for it tomorrow but will try to get it in to Todd D. in Medford. He is Matt's friend and a genius mechanic.

I fiddled with Facebook a bit after a trip to town. Honey is starting to hit her stride as a large dog. We are going through quite a bit of Purina One. She is so energetic that she maintains her lean frame. The coyotes seem to be getting bolder at night. I let the hounds howl but brought them in about 10:00. I think she is good one on one but not with a pack.

Cooked a pot roast today. That should get us through Thursday. I have been watching the vaunted PBS series on the National Parks. Some beautiful sights but the pace seems deadly to me. Reminds me of asking my dad to help with my Algebra-ended up getting a lot more than I asked for.
Posted by Picasa