Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

All Flowers

A rose from Eve's bush. After being royally entertained, it was my turn to entertain. We went to McGrath's, a fish house of some renown and were served well and had delicious treats from the ocean. We had an early supper because it was Open House at Audrey's school.-Pre school at the YMCA. Cheryl showed me the reports and parts of the curriculum and I have to say I was impressed. Of course Grampie's little moppet was the best!
I had a big day. I was up early and at Lockwood's Auto Repair where Todd whisked me in, serviced the transmission and gave the van a thorough inspection, pronouncing it roadworthy. He is excellent and absolutely trustworthy- I like to schedule my repairs for here. He answers my dumb questions too.
Tuesday is Eve's half day with Audrey. We met at Eve's at noon. Audrey had lunch and we convoyed to Ashland to Lithia Park. It is a great park, the deer graze among the many people who use it.(consequently the dogs had to stay in the van). It is a treasure of a park. There was a monster growling down below the slide who got Audrey pretty excited.
I hauled along the iPod and Audrey did a little Hannah Montana in the bandshell. The four year old has the moves! We went downtown and had organic ice cream in an ice cream parlor. Audrey got a little antsy and was going under the table so Grampy taught her to observe undertable gum and boogers. It is my duty to educate her. Ashland is a good place to people watch. Saw a dude with a "Join the Lovelution" t-shirt and leather chaps making time with a girl with a little padlock piercing her nose septum. Seemed like a match made in heaven to me. Keep them from ruining two other families.

Because the storm I saw forecast moved through more rapidly (dumping 14 inches of snow in Lander-I wonder if I have a single branch left on my trees), I entertained the idea of extending my visit by a couple of days but decided to head home tomorrow as planned. As the day wore on this excellent visit started to fray around the edges a little. The rule is 3 days and it is a good rule. Everybody is wanting their life and routine back. Me too. That said, I treasured the time and the visit. These are all good people who I would spend time with even if they weren't family. They try hard and prosper. I am proud of them all.
Posted by Picasa