Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hunkered Down

Reluctantly I swept four inches of snow off the van, chipped the ice off the windows and froze my hands yesterday to make a trip for supplies. I had purposely run down things before the Oregon trip. When we pulled into Wal-Mart I noticed a couple of cop cars and an ambulance. Just inside the entrance there was a snow suited woman face down having a big boo-hoo while the EMT's tried to strap her to a gurney and the policemen looked useless. "Weather related breakdown," I thought. I understand completely.

The Lost Symbol is finished-some very interesting ideas in that book-I recommend it. I included another book in my provisions. A Kellerman: True Detectives. I planned to get through Tuesday when there promises to be a break in the freezing temperatures and snow.

Today I made a pot of Sinaloan Wedding Soup which is indistinguishable from Chili. I had a book and I was hoping that one of the two working TV channels would carry the Broncos/New England game. Yay Broncos! 5 and 0. Very Enjoyable. Chili, grilled cheese sandwich, football, and a good book. Life is good-within four walls. I can hold out until Tuesday. I miss being outdoors.