Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Hope at 30 degrees

The thermometer is creeping up ever so slowly. The snow is getting flatter, mud is appearing in the pasture. The skies are less gray. But I am still mostly indoors. I am looking forward to getting out. Meanwhile, I broke out the beautiful new laptop-bought in Florida and virtually unused and put some graphics software on it. That was the plan all along. Better get it done before I haul it back to FL.

The Kellerman book was pretty good but he has taken to constructing epilogues-this one in the form of a confession, that seems to me be just a kind of weak way to end the book. This is the second time he has done this (that I know about).

I see the roots of the annual February depression in this taste of real winter. I am so lucky to be able to go south but it is still hot and muggy down there-they are all complaining. I will probably do the same. It might well be that if I had things I enjoyed doing in cold weather, I might enjoy winter. When I skied my feet froze, now my hands freeze.

I had to laugh-my cuz Ed evidently has the same opinion of the Bronco away game uniforms as I do. I thought I had tuned in for the Pumpkins versus the Patriots. I was embarrassed for them.