Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Up Early

Up early today-the Honey girl wanted out urgently about 6:00 a.m. I trust her so up we got. Buster is still in bed. Honey is back in-no protest about that. So we await sunlight. I was not up to snuff yesterday-tired, achey, spacy, runny nose, eyes, night sweats. If I do have the flu it is one of the mildest cases I have had. If it is an allergy episode from the winds and rain of dried leaves, it is one of the worst I have had. The leaves are really coming down and piling up. Scuffling through the leaves is a part of autumn I enjoy.

The Broncos won- now 6 and 0. I guess it was time for Shanahan to go though I liked him.

The inconsequential aspects of the eastward migration are being handled. I ordered hats from Berkeley Hat Co. From a picture, I discerned how my current fave is sad and off center. Of course now a new hat will highlight how shabby I look in comparison-always a risky thing to get new apparel. I also called Mike at Coastal RV in FL to see if an extend a stay device would work on my RV. It allows you to hook up 20 pound bottles of propane. My propane is gone and the sole RV propane outlet down there gives me the willies logistically. He is familiar with it and says it would work.

It appears the weather forecasted for Wednesday is upon us. It is precipitating. I may need to make a supply run after the school traffic subsides.