Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Passed the Test

Tomorrow I will take my blood test results to the Doc. After the results came I spent some time on the internet as suggested by a line in the report. I had a few more out of range results this time but none too serious. There is a combination of them that suggest anemia but the doc will know better. My meds could be at fault, too. Blood sugar is pretty good, bad cholesterol is low, but so is the good cholesterol. My olive oil efforts pooped out after I left Florida. My bad. All this in aid of renewing my prescriptions. I could probably get away with just an office visit but I believe in evidence based medicine and it is interesting to see the trends.

Little Lori called from Florida and we had a good ol gab. She was nice to welcome me and I caught up on a lot of their busyness. They make me feel like I add something to their life which is a very nice feeling to have. Of course I enjoy them immensely. Jason was off getting the poop tank enptied on David's boat. The house renovations sound interesting but of course they are going at a South Florida pace.

With Richard complaining of my not answering my phone, I decided to copy Hollis and Guy and put a horse neighing for my ringtone. The dogs go nuts. I can't miss it.

I tend to believe that a person should pay attention to cravings. For instance when the choco- monster rears its head, magnesium is needed by me. For some reason I picked up a package of liver which was a once weekly preventative for anemia in the olden days. Seemed like the day to cook it. I like it but thought to look at web-based recipes. One for the "Best Ever Liver" called for soaking it in milk for a couple of hours. Then I dredged it in the usual seasoned flour and cooked it hot, turning it once as suggested but not too long. I share this because the name is right. The milk takes away the liverishness. It really was great. And of course I was a hero to the critters.