Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hibernating

We have not had much snow but cold and windy keeps me indoors. Honey is unfazed but she has been in the street too-she got zapped yesterday. The time inside has been productive. Laundry is caught up. Tomorrow is my last trash collection until May 2010 so the dumpster got some real action. I think they are going to leave it but not collect the trash. Lists have been made. Tomorrow I will go the U.S. Post Office and arrange my mail forwarding. It could be done by web last year but there must have been problems. Driver's license and presence now required.

The doggies have gotten over their "touch kills" phase. They are happily snuggling these days which warms the cockles of my heart. Matt called to check on me after seeing the weather reports. A calico kitty has adopted Audrey and Dmitri. No dog/cat hassles from the git-go.

After I booted up the computer there was a Skype notification that Rich Boomgarden was calling from brother Rich's number. He was using his work computer that was previously operated by Boomgarden. (That's his story-maybe Boomgarden is his chat room name!) I plugged in the headphones and we had a video conference call. It was pretty cool.

It is warming up and I will venture out tomorrow. The storm was hyped for this area but other parts of the state really got it.