Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Aww Shucks

The Doncos met a team that came to play football and got waxed. The Ravens could do no wrong. I didn't mind the loss as much as the complete meltdown. Wished I could have seen the Vikings-Green Bay game. There are different takes on it but I watch pretty closely and I believe the Wisconsin General Manager decided he was going to rein in his top talent when he arrived there several years ago. Then the retirements began. I kind of like Favre sticking his finger in the eye of Green Bay but those fans are emotionally twisted about it. This has been going on for for thousands of years. Alcibiades, an Athenian soldier of brilliance, was treated shabbily and went to the enemy, whipped up on the Athenians, but went on to fight for them later. Take care of the talent and shut up.

Beautiful fall day-about 60 degrees. I got some outdoor time but also ate like a pig today. I do not understand. I was starving and dozy both. Took some minerals and will hope for a sea change tomorrow. The end of Daylight Savings has my body clock annoyed.