Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Some days are better than others

Yesterday was good-productive in the morning and afternoon-sorting, pitching, deciding what to pack. I had half a valuepack of chicken breasts left so I had soup and fried chicken going concomitantly. Going to cook a good supper for us. I brought Honey in and she promptly heaved. She had blood on her face early in the day so I knew she had been in something dead. Then my conversation with Harlan came to mind. Thayne was pretty certain somebody had poisoned his dog- off its chow for a day, antibiotics the second day, dead on the third day. Honey was dispirited and off her chow. Passing up a chicken breast is new behavior for her. So the worrying set in. I was ready for an early morning Vet trip. But she was eating by 11:00 p.m. and she was fine this morning. Buster meanwhile was coughing almost constantly. Back to the Internet. There is such a thing as ACE cough which is caused by heart medicine. A study in Korea found that modest iron supplements curb this cough in humans. So the liver came out and the juices, and he is a lot better. Now I am looking for iron supplements for dogs and will talk with the vet. Liver is cheap if push comes to shove. I do love my doggies.

I needed cigarettes so I went to town and also stopped in at the Verizon Store. Droids are arriving tomorrow! I have searched the web for every scrap of information-positive and negative, on the darn thing and I get one tomorrow-in advance of the 11/6 release date. Hope it remains a Droid and doesn't become a rhoid. I have another upgrade due me if this one is a bust. I keep waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone but for my purposes this one will surpass that. Should be able to blog from the phone.