Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Bumps

I was changing clothes to go to town when the phone rang. Nate from Verizon said he had my phone but he couldn't sell it until tomorrow. That is fine. I called John Prince campground to warn them that my prescriptions might arrive before I do in spite of my request to RightSource. Lisa told me the campground improvements are hopelessly behind schedule and I would likely not get my site at first and would have to move. Bummer. My RV is packed to the gills and not liveable that way. Setting up camp twice is not something I look forward to. My site will not be paved this year for sure. Not a biggie.

Jeanne called from Georgia and asked me to claim a package for them when I get there-their annual Christmas package from Marc's former employer Procter and Gamble. It will get there before they do.

Dinner was easy: grilled ham and cheese and soup for me, leftover liver for the hounds. Day old liver is profoundly different from fresh fried in my book. The dogs didn't seem to mind, though.

Tomorrow I will buy my phone, and trek to Casper for a dinner with cuzzes and Rich, then a baby viewing of Richard's grandson. I am taking plenty of pictures of my granddaughter whom none of them have acknowledged in any tangible or intangible way and will be loaded for bear. Why is their stuff so important when mine is not to them, apparently? They are happy enough to travel twice the distance to Florida for luxury vacations. This is not news to Richard. I have told him that the fact that I have not missed a Christmas present or graduation or wedding for his kids and my kids have received zip from him has worn a little thin. I am not a "counter" or it would not have taken 40 years to figure it out.