Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Busy-ness

I was off to the races early today. Among other things, I got a fresh SD card to try to complete my picture frame project for Max and Susie. Max was entranced with Janet's so I decided to give it the old college try one more time. I found a security glitch in some pictures Janet's brother sent which were to be the centerpiece of Susie's frame. I overcame that obstacle but it was labor intensive. Then I had some other issues but I got about 400 pictures on the card, delivered the frame to Janet and that project is on hiatus for awhile.

I had a good playtime with Honey today. She has been neglected because it is getting downright cold-she loves it, I hate it. I got half of an iron pill down Buster yesterday and it really helped-no cure but less coughing. I will observe and re-dose him when it starts to go downhill again.

I was incompletely informed by a clerk so something I ordered won't be in until Friday-early so I am delaying departure by a day. I want to get gone before Saturday because we are looking at below zero that day.

The Droid Phone is consuming right now. I am frankly amazed. I was playing with the navigation today and switched it to satellite view and was cruising down the road with rivers, hills, sideroads, in realistic view. Barcode reader uses the camera and then goes to the web to find the product and where you can get it the cheapest! AND the iPhone store is not the only one that has a fart program! US Traffic gives almost real time traffic conditions and blockages in metropolitan areas. Google Sky Map figures out where you are, you hold the phone up to the night sky and the constellations are identified. Locale tracks where you are and if you need any service or wonder what to do, it gives a list of suggestions. Of course Youtube is available. Pandora streams music based on a song you pick- it plays similar songs. Way too cool a toy. I don't need the distraction right now.

Labels: