Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Casper

Of course, I went, of course I enjoyed myself and the company of family, and of course I was a perfect gentleman. We partook of $5.00 steak night at the Elks Lodge. Pretty fair. I suggested it because Rich had told me about it and I wanted the experience. One dollar drinks-too. After, to Tom And Heather's: Tristan is a doll- an amalgam of mom and pop and a well-loved child. I do not envy these young adults today. The pressures of business are terrific. Their lifestyles have made the stakes too high. But it ain't easy for oldsters either. Cuz Jim was a multi-millionaire who went broke at the time of the last engineered bubble bust by the savings and loans and at age 73 is still trying to make it big-again. Bless his heart, I hope he makes it in time to enjoy it.
Droidy talk: A not very wonderful 5 megapixel camera comes in the Droid. These two pictures are examples. I couldn't be happier with the rest of it. WiFi and 3 G connectivity, an excellent browser. Good media center, Complete integration with all Google services from Gmail to cloud computing. I have been combining contacts from my cell phone, Gmail and Outlook Express because the Droid is a computer that fits in your pocket. I can call, text, send multimedia messages, pictures, and email (blog). Even when it is asleep, it says "Droid" when a new gmail message comes in. It checks for me. I am debating about putting my older computer based email on it because I get so much junk and it will eat up memory. Web based is best. When I drove to Casper-I do know the way by heart, I pitted the Droid/Google GPS service against my Garmin. Identical performance but Google has so many extras if you want to call on them AND I started the Droid by saying "Navigate to (my cousin's address.) That was it.
There was a planned electrical outage today so we went to town for hot coffee, a Denver omelet and a pancake. I visited with Ken and Seldom-seen Slattery for awhile. Characters. The doggies waited and then I took them to Arby's. That is a good solution because I don't particularly like Arby's and they do. I also wanted to see a local newspaper. Funny story which I will save for tomorrow. Buster did a reject on his iron pill this morning so I cooked liver tonight. Cuz Jim has the same cough Buster does for the same reason. I gave him some iron pills last night. I took one too on the way home and felt perkier. Iron can be a double edged sword in the nutrient arsenal. It will not become a daily dose for me.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: