Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Family Pictures

Matt, Audrey and the pumpkin that volunteered. It just grew from a last year's seed. It got turned into a Jack-o-lab.
Audrey in bed with her dog and kitty. The kitty volunteered. I asked its name some time ago but it was unnamed because it could have been temporary. Now it is permanent (more or less) and I am still ignorant of its name.

The cat found a soft place to land. Good on the kitty. Good on the family that gets to enjoy her.

In sunny, HOT, Florida, I was productive. I even broke down and donned shorts for the first time in many years. I employ OTC support socks to keep onlookers from gagging. Long black socks with shorts, was once fashionable in the dark ages of my youth but is now an oft mentioned fashion faux pas to which I say "kiss my ass." Works for me-not your business.

Pumped up the bike tires and Honey was delighted to go for a run. She is good and she loves it. After a turn around the park we stopped to see Nicole and Andre. They pressed a vodka, OJ, and soda, on me. Honey accepted treats from them-social progress. We had a nice little visit. Nicole's brother and his wife are not coming to Florida for the first time in 30 years. Partly health but largely money. They lost big in the downturn. Nicole gave them $10,000.00 last year but that can't go on forever-we are all in reduced circumstances and know not what the future holds. Nicole and Andre live nicely but carefully. They take very good care of what they have.

I decided not to invite them to Deerfield for Thanksgiving because two more would have forced us into a two table situation. Lori and Jason are generously inaugurating their "new dining room" with the family. Brecko-the designer helped them pick out a fabulous table-a solid plank of wood and swiveling easy chairs for meals that go long into the evening. I'm game! I'll be praying niece Pam's pre-shcool prayer: "No spillers today, dear Lord."

Posted by Picasa