Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birds and Beasties

I snapped the above bird at a turnpike rest stop. I parked under a tree and made Buster get out to stretch his legs so I had some time.
Bebo, Mango, and Kiki are the kid's birds. They are a hoot. Sometimes they hoot a little too much. Bebo wolf whistles. They are living on the patio when the weather is nice. Lori left the cage open and they flew the coop - for a little while. They know they have it good. A flock of parakeets comes to visit. They had a brood of 14 ducks this spring. Several are still swimming the canal for the entertainment of all.
Honey giving Juneau a kiss. They are almost a pair in color and size. Buster stirred his stumps for a night-long snuggle last night. I'll take what I can get of those.
Jason made a hammock out of a dish towel and all three birds pile in. Lori thinks they play doctor in there. She should know. She has to bathe them.

I was early to bed last night and early to rise. The days have been beautiful but my zone of comfort is from eyes open until 10:30. Then it is time to be under the air conditioning until about 4:00 p.m. But between outdoor and indoor chores, that works out just fine. No air conditioning tonight- a right nice rain storm, coach fans and screen door only. Rain on the roof. Nice.

I called Mike at Coastal RV Repair. For the second time in a row he has sounded like he has been drinking. I am looking for an alternative fixer. He will show tomorrow I think. He is better than nothing but not much better. He is very nice though. Maybe I'll give Richard Whitecloud a call.

I haven't done a stocking up grocery shop yet so I went to a Chinese buffet for dinner. Incredible variety and well-prepared. I am going to gird my loins for a major Wal-Mart expedition. I paid good attention to prices at home. Publix has good stuff but is so high. Wal Mart here is zooey- 7 or 8 people in a line is usual. I gave a lot of my canned goods to Lisa in April. They don't improve in hot weather and she supports her daughter and a grandchild. I'm not sure what her hubby does for a living.

My new Droid will arrive tomorrow. Sometimes righteous hissy fits do work. Won't be refurbished, either.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: