Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Moving Along

If you are getting sick of adorable dog pictures, I have kitty pictures to post tomorrow. Audrey got adopted by a cat. It seems to have found a a place to its liking.
Below is the row I was in at the campground last year. Worse than hurricane damage. (and I was feeling guilty about Honey digging holes in the lawn-LOL!) I sent some similar pix to my friends and Mrs. Latour had a conniption. She called the manager and he answered the phone himself, other help having quit due to camper irateness. Then she spent 40 minutes on the phone to me and I went around taking pictures of their reserved campsites and she was mollified. Their sites are great! Mine is a hole in the ground.

Nicole and Andre arrived. I was so glad to see them! They look great. I will see if they want to come to Thanksgiving at Deerfield. Mike from Coastal RV arrived bright and early, fixed a leak, diagnosed the refrigerator, thinks he can fix my jacks, and can install the auxiliary propane tank. Without my main refrigerator, shopping is at a standstill. Parts come in on Monday and we will hope for the best. The headliner? He suggested a staple gun. Made me cringe but he was right-the foam rubber backing is disintegrating. How do I know this? I tried headliner glue. Bought some staples for the gun at Home Depot. I am hating this solution but it may have to happen.

Meanwhile, I went to Target. They have food! Cheap good food. Didn't buy much-no place to put it. I had been hankering for a tabletop icemaker for at least two seasons and they had none last year. They had one on special this year so I snapped it up- $70.00 off and about half what Camping World was wanting for the same machine. When Mike fixed my refrigerator two years ago, he neglected to re-install my icemeaker. Once you have had one...but now that is taken care of. Progress is being made.

I went to the produce market on Military Trail. It is pretty amazing and there are some amazing people who shop there. I will take my camera next time. Ten limes for a buck, Eight oranges for a buck.

Rich, Val and Justin are coming for Thanksgiving. Plans are being made. Should be fun and a good sun break for Wyomingites.

Got the Droid. Everything was backed up on Google so it was ready to go out of the box. I think the camera is better on this one.

Posted by Picasa