Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 27, 2009

"Houston, we have ignition!"

I stayed in the park today getting ready to wine and dine Nicole and Andre. Good thing. While Val and Rich were revisiting their turkey sandwiches on a fishing trip (woof) on the rough seas of the ocean, Mike the Coastal RV repair guy showed up. I have propane! Hot water, refrigeration, and all it entails. Wonderful! He also installed the electric element for my coach refrigerator. Fortuitously, the undersink water filter chose this time to spring its annual leak. Mike was here. Yay! He says he can easily install an electrical element for the hot water heater. That would provide redundancy and really cut down on propane use. That is on the list. The jack repair is also on the list. Middle of next week. uhuh. But the cost was reasonable and I am a happy camper. It is all coming together.

Dinner was tasty but somewhat perfunctory. It is chillee -for Florida and so it was short and sweet but the vittles was et and didn't go to waste. Greg called while I was pedalling my bike to Andre's.(Is there a law against biking and cellphone use yet?) He was catching up on my blog and was my right hand partner in crime last season in refilling the holes Honey dug in my lawn. He saw the pictures of the complete devastation and it made him laugh. They will show in a week or ten days and I will enjoy seeing them. They will, be down on Lantana so there will be a little refuge away from here and quite close. They can visit me too.

I was not as unconscious as I thought and the Lumix camera made it home. Here are a few Thanksgiving pictures. Click on the slide show for bigger pix.