Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Loose shoes

The plan worked and a lot of fluid was shed. Shoes loose, legs less lumpy. I was tired so a quiet day helped all around. We had gone to Wally World last night after it cooled off. I had a list in hand when I left but could not locate it once there. I did pretty well considering that. Will have Greg and Lew over for dinner tomorrow evening. Lew's birthday.

I spent a few hours today up Bravo Lane with the Latours. Their air conditioner fried its controller board and I loaned them a fan. I have a spare air conditioner but they do not want that. They are from Georgia so maybe they are better acclimated than I. The evenings are cooling off pretty nicely. Then I took them some tools and helped finish off the installation of my Christmas decorations on their site. They did a nice job.

Matt made it home safely. It was so great to see him. He was missing Audrey. Treasured times.

They are going great guns on the park remodel. They are at a point when the big machines can be used. I walked the dogs that way and visited with a black man for quite awhile. I thought he was very chatty but after I left, he wasted no time unloading a front end loader. I think we were in his way.