Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Life Changing Moment

You can tell from this young man's face, this encounter with birds is profound. He is rapt. Taken the other day at Butterfly World.

Yesterday was stow away and technology day. I am finding or making a place for everything. Of course this means some stuff must go. I gave a fairly new Eureka vacuum to a groundskeeper. It was good but it made me want to commit vacuum abuse everytime I used it. attachments would fall off or it would tip over when I used the hose and wand. It was replaced with a refurbished Dyson cannister-much more compact, very sturdy and the pet hair comes right up. The staple job on the headliners is barely noticeable. I am relieved about that. I placed a few preventive ones too because I can see some sags. Things are starting to look right homey. The Bose radio is tuned to NPR as I putter around.

Among other things I installed Skype on the main computer. Nicole and Andre just installed it so we had a connection and video chatted for an hour and sixteen minutes last night! Clear across the park! (sarcasm). Gotta run the dog- be right back. Back: today was a two-bagger. A coon tried to make off with a plastic bag of connectors, power supplies, etc. last night Scattered it good. I think I will arrange for a close encounter of the Honey kind.

Put Google Goggles on the Droid. Supposedly I can take a picture of something in Google Goggles and the program will tell me what and where. I usually know where I am but the technology is fascinating. It works with other things too including bar codes.

Matt will leave soon-bon voyage tonight. I didn't get enough but am happy I got what I got!

Posted by Picasa