Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Proud Pop and Grandpop

That is Matt in the middle being sworn in as an enforcement officer for the the Liquor Control Board of the State of Oregon. Picture taken in Salem near the end of April.

Here he displays his badge and his boss. Don't know if he is "packing heat" here but he does.
Cheryl and Audrey stand amid, not snow, but flower petals in Portland rose gardens. Too early for roses but just right for pear and cherry blossoms. Matt had a DUI conference and they had a good time!
My baby girl is getting really lanky.
I was very glad to get these pictures. Around here the dogs had a good time-I did not. I got chilled on first watch and had a heck of a time getting warmed up. Finally took a sunbath around noon with three layers on and, like a lizard, came to life. Meantime, the dogs crossed the road twice while I was inside. Honey got zapped. Buster ran out of steam and I had to carry him home. Honey went to the slough and came back all mudded up which I do not mind at all, she is a dog-just stay on our side of the road! (I just made her come in and she headed straight for the bed.) Supplements arrived via UPS. Buy.com via Fedex delivered my replacement computer late yesterday. I used to look forward to a new machine but getting stuff transferred and connected and all that is kind of a chore any more-the novelty is gone. I think I have one more package coming-from Amazon. When Dom DeLuise died they had Youtube clips of a lot of his movie roles and I was highly amused-ordered the boxed set of Mel Brooks movies- DVD's. Outrageous, politically incorrect, rude, crude, silly, and they really make me laugh.

Made a pot of soup-good soup. Toe is improving. Attitude too.
Posted by Picasa