Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Getting Home

Stop and crawl traffic from Pontoon Beach, Illinois to the I-270 crossing of the Mississippi River.
Below a semi-trailer is off the road on I 70 near the middle of Missouri. Almost all the major and minor rivers are way out of their beds-sometimes by a mile or more. Lots of water this year.
Rich and Val at Applebees in Casper where I presented them with green bananas from Jason's Banana tree.
Riverton is looking good-pretty spruced up and home really is a pleasant sight. Went to town for breakfast and saw some people I knew. Vernie was handing over his grandchild for a visit with the father, Ken and Seldom Seen had been out for breakfast too. Seldom-Seen has shrunk! Ken, his son, has gone the other way-pretty huge.
The electronic collar is on Honey- she went cow chasing this morning. She is mud up to her chest. She and Buster had a tug-of -war with a piece of cow afterbirth. They had a big war over who got to sleep closest to my face last night. I was too tired to mediate. I heard the coyote this morning. Thayne says the coyote plays with the calves-the calves initiate it and then the mothers have a fit. He was not excited over Honey's foray but if she runs fat off them, excitement will ensue. He said the Norse's have three pitbulls in cages across the way. This is not good news and another reason Buster and Honey must learn to stay in their own yeard.
Posted by Picasa