Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bushed but ready to roll...

By 10:00 am I knew I wasn't going to make it out by 11:00. Went to the front desk and they graciously let me break the rule. Then about 2:00 I went back and bought another day. I worked fast and furious but I am old and portly and things never go as smoothly as one envisions. The screen room rug was damp and filthy. I dragged it out on the hot pavement and shook and dragged it, dried it and shook it and dragged it. Finally folded it and stowed it. The walls of the tent house came down fine but the awning was reluctant to go all the way closed. I called Coastal RV and then tried some things-one of the struts is out of kilter but by tugging it and rolling it, it went up. I had to use a little Gorilla tape because the strut won't seat the crossbars. It is secure. Jason was OK about dogsitting one more night but I am not sure I am OK with it. I miss the little fuzzfaces I thought about running down to Deerfield for the evening but thought it kinder not to go because the whole point of them being there is to avoid a wait in a hot vehicle while the trade is being made.

Put the jacks up-had to help the right front with a broomstick. The rig fired right up and I stepped through the gears. About thirty minutes of labor here and and hour or so at the storage yard-re-seating the wheel covers, covering furniture keeping the sun out. etc. should do it.

The coach is in good shape for storage-pretty clean and things stowed. Martha Stewart would have a heart-a-faint but she don't live here. I ran out of gas-thought I was tired but I was tired and dehydrated.

I am recuperating and blogging on the netbook which I will do on the road. The keyboard is pretty small so the posts might be brief- my big fingers and a small keyboard makes for some colorful language that doesn't make it into the blog.

It must be time to go home. I got three calls from Wyoming. Mick Gamble and Dixie, Carl Stewart and Rich. Mick said he saw Bill Strannigan-says he looks good and young but is having cancer treatments. He is 76. Carl wanted to know if the hedge next to the church I sold him is his or or the neighbor's-she is giving him fits. I don't know.