Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

A VERY Happy Easter

After seeing off Nicole and Andre for the second time this season-a warm friendship there, I packed up the bunny ears and other goodies and headed to Deerfield. Jason had been a busy boy. He had picked up Lori and Karla from their cruise in Miami, came home and cooked a turkey, a ham, creamed corn, green bean casserole, real cranberries, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, dressing, etc. He served us, hosted his friend David who dropped by to escape the tumult at his house in his Ferrari. I found myself unceremoniously sniffing the seats of the Ferrari-genyoowine leather-oh my. Pictures at the web album.
The girls had a wonderful cruise. They hooked up with an older Cuban lady who they called mamma and who was so conversant with the Carribean that they avoided the tours and explored other ways by hired car and local guides. Their new friend enjoyed Karla and Lori who tend to be an electric combination. Toward the end she told them she had a Ph.D. but just wanted to enjoy life in the light lane so she didn't tell- didn't want to brag.
After we feasted we just sort of hung out with dogs and birds-a peaceable kingdom scene. The ladies had been on the water for 9 days so they elected to stay home while Jason took me on a great boat ride. When 400 horses of Evinrude are even partially opened up you go on a Nantucket Sleighride without a whale. We were skimming and hitting the bottom of swells with great whacks and lots of spray. It was a blast. We went on the open sea to Lighthouse Point for sunset pictures. Though the sea was calm we were still bobbing so I didn't hold out much hope for a decent picture but I got several.
We returned on the Intracoastal waterway idling past mansions and yachts when we weren't speeding along at 42 miles per hour. That is plenty fast in a boat, believe me. The house was dark when we returned. The party girls were dozing as were the birds and dogs. After a little visit, I packed up the dogs, lots of leftovers, and headed home. It was a fantastic day.

Click the picture to see the album:

Easter Sunday

Posted by Picasa