Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Play Day at Deerfield

Lori is on a cruise with her cousin Karla so Mango is moving in on Jason. We had a great day. I admired the new Mercedes SUV-the lease on the Lexus is over and it appreciated so much it doesn't make sense to buy it so a deal was struck on a slightly used Mercedes that is gorgeous. It was doggie play date and laundry day too. Top it off with some ribeyes on the barbie, a constant parade of boats with plenty of eye candy aboard-serious bikini season down here now, just hanging out with der kid and great dogs, 97.5 on the FM pumping out great tunes, and it couldn't have been a better day.
Juneau and Honey are just like a couple of kids- can't look at each other without running, jumping, or wrestling.
Three in a row below- happy critters. The dogs had a great time and so did the humans. Jason went to the store for steaks and also got the dogs a big burger to share when we had our dinner. Great host and a great man.
Marring the day slightly, I got a call from the campground clerk that my rent was due as I was pulling in at Deerfield. I paid by credit card over the phone. I knew what day it was due-I just didn't know what day it was. I extended two weeks-that will put me out on the 19th though I can extend another two but I think I will be more than ready by then.
Posted by Picasa