Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Last Hurrah

Everybody is booked for the next few days so I decided yesterday to pitch the Last Hurrah. Friday was really windy so I cleaned out the Screenhouse with Mme Latour's great help and the men moved my picnic table inside it and everybody contributed. Latours a massive shrimp cocktail, Terese, a green salad and a bottle of Yellowtail, Nicole, at my request, a dessert of apples and Bleu cheese and pecans. I fixed thick barbecued pork chops, a corn souffle' (this is my grandma's "corn pudding" but I'm with the French) and sweet potatoes. The wine just appeared from next door.

I downloaded some easy listening music for background music so my iTunes computer was at the ready. Andre discovered my music collection and we were off: dancing by the light of the moon, laughing and being silly. Of course we played out by curfew at 10:30 p.m. That is the difference of this "second childhood"-no more all nighters but the quality was there. Rene, bless his heart, did the dishes again.
My "harem" with dish towel veils. Terese did a dish towel veil dance. I was too busy to take many pictures. I hope Jeanne will share.

Thursday was busy too- Ken and Mervi came by to say goodbye. We cracked a few Corona's, Joyce and Gary joined us. Honey was stealing dog biscuits from Gary's scooter-they were hers-Joyce was trying to bribe her into a pet. Did not work but you have to give her credit for trying.

My back and my belly are still problematic. Jeanne gave me a heat pack on Thursday and my back was pretty good all day Friday but got me up at 4:00 a.m. today. A new heatpack is in place. My stomach feels like it would be relieved by a 30 minute fart but Alas! It needs a rest-that much I know.

Posted by Picasa