Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Andre and Anna

Andre and Anna came by and we had a nice long visit over orange juice. Andre is such an elf - a pixie and is hilarious. Anna at 81 is still a pistol. They ride their bikes everywhere-Anna goes to the Senior Center to work out and take whatever classes are on offer. They were in a reminiscing mood and I heard of many of their adventures-mostly biking across Iowa or Wisconsin or taking trips with their kids. I have a feeling this is their "farewell tour." They are hitting the spots they went to in years past. Andre is feeling that they and their 1989 Ford Van are getting tired and they will fly into Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car next season so, sadly, this will likely be our last visit. They leave for Naples, FL tomorrow. We exchange emails from time to time. Andre is amazingly flexible and with it. He says he has no doubt he will sell his $400,000.00 house to a Muslim-they are plentiful in his neighborhood now and he finds them agreeable neighbors. His youngest son is married to a Korean woman-both are multi-degreed. He has seen a lot since he emigrated from Quebec at 18 and went to work for Ford 62 years ago.

Honey got three runs today-she is getting better and better and enjoys it-we stop to see her friends-a sheltie and Pupper, a chihuahau and a moody dachshund and whoever else wants to visit, then we are off again. I thought we were so cool until I saw a kid being pulled on his skateboard by his dog this morning. They were flying. A cat over on Cobia Lane damn near upset the applecart tonight but we got past that. Buster enjoys his little walks and rolls on his back in the street and I stop traffic for him.

I played with my pictures and made some souvenir collages for my playmates. Ate light today because my stomach is still not back to normal , though it is better. I have a hitch in my get-along. Step a certain way and I am frozen. It has been this way a few days and I thought it a one-off, or two-off event, but it seems to be lingering. I can do most everything so it is not a biggie at this point.
Posted by Picasa