Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Sunday

Marc fixed my bike tire and I took Honey on a bike run. She did a good job save for a pause to sniff a chihuahua and a pit stop. Unfortunately when I took another bike run to deliver some pasta to Joyce, the tire was low so I think the next step is to discreetly get the thing to a bike shop. The run was beneficial for us both in that she got to go faster and run offf some excess energy. She is trying to bury her toys in the sandy soil down here.

Harold and Julia stopped by from 10th Avenue. Last year neighbors, they have adjusted to their new spot and took a cruise to the Virgin Isles which they enjoyed immensely. Their details made it sound well worth the money. They will begin migrating northward to New Brunswick (slowly) in ten days. It was thoughtful of them to come by to see me.

Greg came by. I need to buy some beer. Honey and J.J. got snarly with each other but Pupper and Honey played well. Buster has to sit it out inside because J.J. causes him consternation and Pupper whines: be wants to visit Busty. Very complex interactions these visits engender.

The borrowing of spaghetti pasta came with a last minute invitation to dinner with Ken, Mervi, and Joyce and Gary at their campsite. It was good food. Helped Gary stow his awning because the four of them are going to Orlando to use a time share Joyce bought.

Dinner tonight with the Andre, Nicole, Terese and Rene hosting. The LaTours will attend also. Looking forward to it.

Rich called. He had a great visit in Denver for Alicia's graduation recital (Master's Degree). I love it when Richard's Casper Consevative prejudices are confronted by the real world. Alicia's accompanist was a very talented Muslim about whom he raved. Val's nephew Curtis is a computer genius and gay- he was accepted enthusiastically into the family and Alicia's circle long ago.

Brother Bob meets with his surgeon today.