Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

West Virginia Playstation

http://majman.net/fly_loader.html

Click the above link for hours of fun with a West Virginia Playstation.

Today just kind of happened. I am working at getting ready to entertain a little and as I am midway or more in my stay, kind of re-inventing my campsite. Pitching some stuff, getting new stuff, tidying, catching up. Old friends have left, the traffic is huge-some stays are only a few days, no real good prospects for new acquaintances. A few returning faces from years past. Gary and Bonnie have arrived. Bonnie is the one who smashed her knee to smithereens on her bike last year. She is a happy (religious, in a good way) soul.

The LaTours got their new awning installed today. I helped. Their big diesel truck is in the shop- the transmission is in need of something major- about $800.00 dollars worth. Mme. got her new computer from Costco that I found for them-a bronze colored HP with lots of memory. She is installing her software. As she likes to do that work this is a good thing.

Greg and Lew came to invite me to "lunch" which turned out to be a major dinner at 3:00 p.m. Steak, real mashed potatoes, green beans, fried onions and mushrooms, fresh strawberries with whipped cream and they sent me home with a piece of chocolate cake! It was ever so good. Greg is a good chef. Lew has been doing some interesting reading on Jewish history. Great afternoon.