Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let the Party Begin!

I took Gary to the Costco Warehouse in Lantana this morning-he drove, I had the card. We got skunked on what we were looking for. Joining may go down in my annals of dumb decisions because the quantities are huge (and the prices are not all that hot).
This afternoon I motored to Deerfield where my former wife, the boys' mother, Eve was busy making lasagna for the hordes that will be arriving tomorrow. She was busy being mother. She has a cold. Jason's boat was back from the repair/detail shop and it looked really spiffy-shiny. It is going to get some use over the next few days. We had some time to visit between loads of laundry, trips to the recycling center, (Eve made Jason dumpster dive for something, I scored a comforter in "Miami Heat" colors that came with their house), making up the Murphy bed, and the girls going for manicure/pedicure. Eve had boatloads of marinara sauce so we had spaghetti, a nice salad, and wine on the patio. Very pleasant company, food, and weather. The doggies gamboled on the waterfront.


Son Matt called from SaltLake City-they had a scheduled layover and will be in tonight about 11:30 p.m. The Hemme contingent will arrive tomorrow afternoon bringing our number to 14. Vicki and Angela will come Saturday from California. Jason and Lori have knocked themselves out getting ready for this. I am praying for no more drama other than exuberance in seeing each other. My rule: the 3 and 4 year olds can act like 3 and 4 year olds-nobody else.
Posted by Picasa