Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Honey has her first Sleepover

Friday I took the Honey bear to Deerfield for a sleepover at Juneau's house. The point was to attempt to improve her socialization with other humans with dad out of the picture for her to hide behind. She was a hit with the neighborhood dogs and some progress was made. She settled in pretty well-she is comfortable there and she and Juneau play well together. I have to admit I suffered some separation anxiety too. She is a a big presence in our lives. After a welfare check last night, I settled down and enjoyed not putting on my shoes until 9:00 a.m. But I hit is hard after that- throw rugs hauled out, vacuum run , dusting, straightening up, etcetera... Things I am unable to do while either watching like a hawk or sharing space. I fetched her Saturday evening- we all had pizza and visited. We were glad to see each other-Buster got some kisses. He enjoyed some undivided attention and sleeping in the sunshine today.

I did some business in Deerfield while I was waiting to see if Honey would settle in. I found a Verizon store and attempted to get a new phone to replace my main one that has a broken hinge. According to the website I was eligible. According to the store I had to wait until Feb 24. BUT, I was eligible for a new aircard. That cost $100.00. I tried to install it and it didn't install. Called tech support after trying several things and told them to just turn on my old one after reciting my story. Skyler was very helpful and agreed after assisting awhile that the new aircard should go back but he was happy to send me a new phone-it will be here Monday or Tuesday. Go figure.

The LaTours lost a pedal on their tandem bike today. Mme. had to pedal with her bad leg. But they got the giggles. She was sure the whole camp was wondering who these zany people were.

The weather was incrementally better- more sunshine and is supposed to improve. For the sake of the Coloradans and Oregonians I hope next week is splendid. Jason and Lori have been breaking their necks to make a nice time.

My rusty Scrabble skills are coming back.