Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fang, Beak, and Trolling for Alligators

Honey and Juneau look ferocious but it has never erupted in snarling. I went to Deerfield for doggie playdate (Believe me it helps to have them let off steam), do my laundry and visit with Lori after she got back from manicure/pedicure time. She and Jason are going to a Miami Heat game tonight with Jason's boss and wife. We have a good time. I bought myself lunch at the Pickle Barrel and it was such a huge pastrami sandwich it fed me and Lori and yielded treats for the hounds.
It was Conor's day out of the cage. Bibo pecks him so they take turns being out.
My beautiful redheaded boy has a knack for finding the most comfortable spot around.
This is one of the bodies of water that holds alligators. This water skier is quite talented. I tried to catch him doing a flip. Greg and Lew stopped by as I was snapping and wanted to know if I wanted to go with them to the Grumpy Grouper but I was just home and needed some down time. Greg wandered over with the dogs in the evening and a bucket of what is sold as "Voodoo Juice" at the Grouper. He was in fine form tonight...we'll see about tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa