Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Big Chill

It got downright nippy last night-record setting low temperatures. Then the electricity went out about 3:00 a.m. I went down a layer in my multilayered bedding and invited the dogs to the bed. We were fine. I kept going back to bed until the electricity came back on about 8:30 and had my coffee, and prepped to go to Deerfield. I had my own chores and Lori chores to do on the way: buy gas, buy a supply of fizzy electrolytes for me and to replace Jason's, shop at Petsmart for denta bones for Juneau. Hunger struck so I stopped at McDonalds and took lunch to Deerfield. Lori had baked banana bread and had good coffee. We visited while my laundry load got processed and enjoyed watching the doggies play.


Tonight promises to be even colder than last night and the Lake Worth Power company is notoriously bad, so we could have a repeat. I fetched a space heater from the van-a catalytic heater, just in case.
Posted by Picasa