Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dining Out is Going to the Dogs

The day ended with Jason, Lori, Buster, me and Honey dining al fresco at a great Mexican food restaurant. We asked to be seated and the hostess had seen Honey through the window and said dogs were welcome in the sidewalk cafe area which was conveniently fenced. So I got the dogs. It worked for awhile. Honey did stick her nose in the waitresses's hiney for reasons we won't discuss. We were all surprised but not as much as the waitress. I'll ask the trainer about a "No butt sniffing" command. Buster was a perfect gentleman- resting beside my chair, then the waitress left the gate open and Honey took a walk. Buster tattled. She came when called and I decided I would put them up in the van again. Not too bad for a first try in dog-friendly South Florida. I will manage it better next time.

Great taco chips and salsa so fresh the cilantro was crisp. We brainstormed about the Withrow reunion to take place here in mid February.
Steak and chicken fajitas still sizzling, and a taco salad with shredded beef at Yucatan Restaurant in Deerfield Beach. I had spinach and crab enchiladas which were very tasty but not as photogenic
Strangely, breakfast was Mexican too-I went to El Presidente for groceries and didn't make it past the deli on the way out. I had rounds to make. CVS Pharmacy found me a case of Oak Creek Cabernet Sauvignon. It is the Flynn's current favorite-very nice-I sampled it last night at their house and inquired about it and from whence it came. I had been wondering how to thank them for the Christmas feast they prepared for us. Lest you think me extravagant, it was on-sale at a pretty steep discount. WE will enjoy it, they said.
Posted by Picasa