Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Last Wahoo!

A day of minutiae: Got my tanks emptied-about two days later than optimal. Paid next month's rent. Hauled my trash and recycleables. Took a few pictures. The Bougainvillea at the Director's house are blooming wildly. Visited with the photog neighbors-she has written a book on the artistic side of photo manipulation. They also took pictures today. Learned the Save the Turtle lady and the Indian and their red-headed daughter will be moving in directly in back of me- that is good news for us both. They are sweet-tempered. Ang(Angelo) one of my neighbors from last year stopped by (all the way from Palm Beach) simply to say "hello." They BOUGHT a place in Palm Beach and will spend winters here after having such a good time last year. Unfortunately, I was just finishing cooking dinner and had little time to visit. On the bright side, the Wahoo is gone-marinated in lime juice and grilled the Cayman Islands way, and accompanied by green salad with tomatoes and avocado, fried potatoes confetti (glad to see the last of that particular red pepper too). Hopefully the fishing will be lousy between now and the 2nd. Played with my doggies, and sat companionably with them in the early dark. My screen house makes the occupants nearly invisible and a dowager matron passed by on the way to the bathhouse and cut a rip-snorter-not a girly fart at all. A veritable triple thunder-blast. I was amused.
Posted by Picasa