Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Whassup Dewed?

The cold front has struck: it will get down to 61 degrees tonight. The grass is soaked because it is dewing out. It was a beautiful warm day and a lot of moisture was in the air just waiting to be wrung out by a cold front.
Lake Osborne is a pretty big urban lake. The RV park abuts it in places. There is a two week maximum on lakeside sites.
I spent the day fighting off sleep, dealing with charlie horses in legs, hands and jaw (ouch!). Dr. Internet was consulted because it seems to be something other than potassium unless I am throwing that stuff off faster than most. Low calcium could be a culprit. I take a calcium magnesium zinc supplelement but I only take 2/3rds the recommended dose because I figure I am getting some in my grub. Perhaps not. Took a double dose and the numbness in my hand seems less, shoulders less painful. I'll try that course for a day or two.

Cook's Night Off: Tim cooked ribs on his grill tonight and did a superb job. He packed some fresh asparagus and fresh mushrooms in a sealed foil pouch and they turned out excellent. He had been sipping the tequila while he cooked so he told me about the other dishes he had intended to cook while we ate the ones he did cook. We had "bag salad" (his term) to go with and it seemed like a great plenty of stuff to eat. The ribs were falling off the bone moist and tender and seasoned so well that barbecue sauce was not really an improvement. I did cook liver for the hounds so it was not a complete day off but a welcome respite and no clean-up!
Posted by Picasa