Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

What a Day This has Been, What a Rare Mood I'm in..

It was a challenge getting to the Green Market today. The Lake Worth Christmas Parade had the bridge closed down. But I was on a mission. My return to the market was greeted with dancing girls. A lovely sight they were. When I requested my favorite chocolate cherry bread the lady said it would never return and the baker and their $25,000.00 were likely gone forever, too. I had to settle for a new brand of soap for Lori, also. I have a line on where the Naked Lady Soap can be found (unlike the baker) I bought some gew-gaws and produce- apple/bananas?-I'll let you know. I had to drive north to Palm Beach to cross the water and on my way back I saw Patsy peddling her bike way up Dixie. I had met her when I was leaving the park. She was rollerblading then. Here she is below getting ready to tow her kayak to the lake to boat with Doc Rosenberg. It wears me out to watch her.


Carny people are bad, bad, people. Earlier in the day Tim had complimented my Christmas decorations as I planted flowers and strung more lights. I told him the lights weren't the only thing lit up when that process was taking place. That gave him leave to bring me a mug of something quite delicious of his own invention. Tequila was mentioned once or twice in the ingredients. The hours between 4:00 and 7:30 p.m. are hazy. I know I started dinner and he didn't last until it was done cooking. I took a passable portrait of Tim and Milo. I took some pictures of the Goldcoaster's Santa giving gifts to the needy. I fed the dogs, I ate dinner. Tim is not very forthcoming- I deduced and asked him and he confirmed that he ran away from home at age 12 and joined the carnival and has been doing it ever since until age 52. I would not be surprised if he had spent some time in the slammer. There is just an an air about him I have seen before in my prison work. If he brings any more of that potion around here again...I am going to have to buy him a bottle of Tequila. Dinner at Flynn's tomorrow. The "season" has started.
Posted by Picasa