Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 08, 2008

A Rustic in Metroland

Lori sweetly offered me their Electronic Collar as it was the last one at the BassProShop and clued me in that there might be one at Gander Mountain. I called and since the recession hit, customer service has i-m-p-r-o-v-e-d in South Florida. Larry said he would have 4 at the archery department for me to inspect. It was more of a trip up I-95 than I expected but I found the store and what a store it is! Cabela's Plus. Having met with success and with collar in hand I took the Federal Highway home. A lot more stop-and-go driving but I had never been this far north so I enjoyed the sights from ghetto to yacht club. I had not eaten and was fading about lunch time so I stopped for a $12.00 omelet. At IHOP! Criminetly.

The campground WiFi is still in the "someday" stage and my notoriety from last year's Internet Station is still alive-people are knocking and the RV isn't rocking. I use up nearly all my Verizon capacity so I inquired about a Sprint Aircard over the phone. As I had heard, you can put it on hiatus when you are not using it-so I plunged. "Anthony" had never met anybody from Wyoming and he got the giggles when I told him my email address-my name at wyoming.com. The Sprint card is blazing fast the beggars can use the Verizon account. A WiFi Hotspot will be operational tomorrow.

Lori bought a "package" from the Eddie the dog trainer and she gave me an hour and half session on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. How very generous and hope-giving. Honey was pretty good today and because I didn't buy a chain tether, I repaired the old tether and coated it liberally with hot sauce. I only left her for a minute but I heard her lapping water right away. The E-collar will benefit Buster too because every time I correct Honey with a sharp "no." he heads for the couch. Not fair to the well-behaved dog.