Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Warrenton, Missouri (Misery)

Snow or rain all the way from North Platte to here. Not hard or intense but still a strain and I am calling it quits before I have to deal with St Louis or even its beltways. A fresh start in the morning will improve the outlook and hopefully the weather. ( course it could go the other way too.) Buster worked so hard all day to avoid getting wet. I uncapped the doggie waterbowl while I was pumping gas and Honey spilled it. Buster is so pissed! He is on the dashboard and giving her looks. Buster does not do wet. Honey, on the other hand rolled on the wet grass when we stopped near Kansas City.

With the late start yesterday and the weather, I gave Gretna a pass. I saw Bob and Doris this summer and have already admired all their stuff. Even took pictures. Maybe on the way back. Susie said Bob told her he needed a day's notice which is certainly fair but I was beyond that deadline in Casper. It would have put me behind another half day and I have a half day to make up already. Trekking on!