Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, November 24, 2008

C.S.I. Arapahoe

Less than a mile from my house, this scene was\is found. I missed all but the aftermath. It looks like a run off the road on the right, overcorrect, airborne, roll, event to me. This is one reason I am insistent my trees must stay intact. This stretch of the road collects more than its fair share of such events and my living room could be a target without the trees. Heck, an F.B.I. agent rolled his Lincoln down next to my house one time. I'm still looking for his gun which went flying.


I'm pretty sure men will find this Dave Barry Gift Guide more hilarious than women. I found it very funny. (you may have to register with the Miami Herald) Click the Link to see.
http://www.miamiherald.com/dave_barry/gift-guide/story/782141.html

I am in hour 16 of my clear liquid fast for the dread procedure. The Fleet oral saline solution went down the hatch about about an hour and a half ago. Nothing...

Don Hall will take me from his house to the hospital and bring me back to there afterwards at which time we will visit and smoke until I am alert enough to drive home.

Buster's splint and/or ACE bandage do seem to help stabilize his leg and help him get around and even play The only snag is Honey is apparently very fond of Ace bandages (or is jealous) and removes the darn things. She is a chewer. Hardly a day goes by that I don't find something else in ruination.

I stayed pretty busy after it warmed up a little, covering the VW, packing stuff up and stowing it. I am getting the sense that it is doable and also getting a sense of what things to buy and leave at both joints. My checks arrived-that was fast! A couple of more orders including my prescriptions are needed. I called RightSource and the dodo on the phone said I wasn't due for refills on two of them. I guess they were going to wait on all of them. I may be stuck here a couple of more days-Friday OR Saturday! Oh, well. I'm still pondering routes. I-55 departs I-80 before St. Louis and parallels the Mississipi. It could be a good ride. Not decided yet.

Called to check on Rich and interrupted a Thanksgiving Party. Some of his kids and Val's folks were in attendance. He was holding his grandson. Short talk. I think he must be fine if a little unclear on the concept of recuperation.

This post is a little spacy due to the visions of FOOD that pop into my head. Laters, I think I have to go!
Posted by Picasa