Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day of Reckoning

Test results and Medicare card in hand I showed up for my appointment and subjected myself to the ministrations of Nurse Jessica and Dr. Hedgecock. The new offices are much better suited to her style. "Homey while professional." Overall, we both were fairly pleased. The soup is paying off. I dropped 11 pounds which gives me some enthusiasm for losing more. She was pleased with the other results, we decided to leave the potassium dose where it is. Blood sugar is to continue as in the past year. The BP was high- I am doomed for weekly BP tests for awhile but I am sure I can get it down by simply taking my meds as prescribed. Support socks seem to be a constant in my future to squeeze the fluid up and out. Some "welcome to Medicare tests" are scheduled. Prescriptions are in the mail. No lectures, just help. Nearly done and glad of it.

The package for Rich and Val arrived at the house at the same time we did. I will be silently celebrating fairly good health for another year.