Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just another day in Paradise

No irony intended. This fall has been so mild so far (keep it up for two more weeks please!). Buster seems a little better-still really favoring his leg but he will support himself with it when standing. His heart medicine goes down disguised with a bit of butter in hamburger. I think we will be able to manage this all right. He seems a little more peppy. He complains a lot. The eyes are better. Honey was a firecracker all day long. I had to yell at her twice. I am going to Lander Valley Medical for blood tests tomorrow. Hopefully they will get to my doc by the time I do. I have to fast 12 hours so I am likely going to bed right quick.

Jason called and we had a good chat-he had a great time with his brother in Florida. One night they went moonlight fishing and Matt did well. I am really looking forward to seeing them in Florida. They have still not tied down their Thanksgiving plans but I took myself out of that equation. I will try not to travel on Thanksgiving. Even service stations close on that day and it is a little spooky in the midwest. I have done that before.

The sunset on the Wind Rivers tonight was a stunner.