Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Clean as a Whistle and an 8X10 glossie to prove it

An interesting day and everybody was ever so nice. Don hauled my sorry ass to the hospital at 9:30. I was actually checked into a semiprivate room where I undressed, went to bed got a drip, and waited and waited but the TV was on and my blood pressure was way high so I dozed until about 11:30. They wheeled my bed into the suite. That seemed just wrong to me- a 100 pound nurse wheeling a behemoth down the hall. I was hooked up to monitors and oxygenated, and, and, that is about the last I remember until I was pushed down the hall again. Luncheon was served. I felt fine. Dr. White found one small diverticula which is close enough to egress that it should produce no problems and said he would see me again in 10 years- which I think is pretty optimistic on several counts. Don came to fetch me and he was thinking I would be hungry so he had waited. So we went to lunch and had a good gab. I ordered for the dogs and took it home. I was hitting on all cylinders. Stopped at the post office to commence the premium mail forwarding. RightSource had called and I think they screwed up. This is not rocket science, folks.
....an hour later just off the phone with Nancy from RightSource. Everything seems to be on track:five minutes to check that out, 55 minutes just shooting the breeze-she's 53 , divorced, has one chair in her new apartment in Mesa, AZ...misses being with grandaughters in Oregon, but has full control of the remote, a rotisserie chicken in mind and will be just fine.